Thursday, December 24, 2009

seeds

I was at the spa yesterday with my best girl Annelise for her birthday celebration, and after our four hour appointment the owner had us pull "fortunes/soul reflections" that were written on pretty sand dollars & stones. My soul reflection read "your thoughts are seeds. your words water them, what are you growing today?" which was definitely coincidental because I started writing this song about seeds the very night before. Here's what I have so far.

a little seed

verse
I feel something rising up in me
Something good and something sweet
Something no one else can see

I'm a little afraid to let it go
To give it room and let it grow
It's only just a little seed

chorus
But it's taking root in me
It's growing fast and turning green
I don't even know what it might be
But it's just a little seed
Just a little seed

1 comment:

Daneel Irons said...

Not coincedence, it's God's affirmation. Merry Christmas Eve, love you.